Monday, January 11, 2010

Sockless but Thankful

My husband came in from work today and immediately started helping me around the house without being asked. He knew I had a rough day with our son still being sick and he said he wanted to take some of my load off....He is banking extra brownie points here people. I was too tired at the time and my brain was numb or I might have been suspicious...not that he normally doesn't help just usually I have to ask. He started doing laundry. I don't know many husbands that are like this but his favorite house job is laundry....he actually likes to wash, fold, hang, and put away clothes. (when I ask for help around the house that's what he automatically wants to do) I am expecting at anytime this fact to get out and I will be approached by some brainy woman scientist who wants a sample of his DNA so he can be cloned. Which after she reads this post fully she may change her mind. So he is doing the laundry thing and he does the washing folding and hanging parts of it quite well without any instructions or help from me. The putting away of things not so much. Tonight he didn't ask me where anything went like he normally does. He put everything away on his own while I was emptying the dishwasher. I thought nothing of it. That goes to show how tired I am. Usually I help put things away just to make sure what happened next is avoided. Fast forward till a little later tonight he and my son are already in bed and I wanted to take a little while to unwind before trying to do the same. So I went to go take a relaxing bubble bath. It was all fine till I needed my pjs. Here is my husbands laundry downfall. He can't remember where anything goes. Now I have showed him so many times its unbelievable which is why I usually put the laundry away with him so I can tell him every time where things go. Tonight I found my T-shirts in my underthings drawer, my underthings in my pj drawer, my yoga pants in my sock drawer, some sweaters in my grubby clothes drawer, and my pjs in his sock drawer...I still haven't found my socks....After the day I have had and pretty much the weekend we have had I am just thankful the laundry has been done..I am going to have to ask if he can remember where my socks are if I don't find them tomorrow because my feet are freezing....for now I guess I will settle for just putting my cold feet on his warm ones....I would steal a pair of his socks but I can't find his either...but at least the act of sock theft did help me find my pjs.

3 comments:

Jaedyn said...

Oh, don't blame your husband... it was the borrowers. ;-)

Cas said...

I think they borrowed his brain while they were at it...lol.

Jaedyn said...

lol - you are so funny. :-) Guess you're doomed cuz as far as I know Borrowers don't give things back...