Monday, September 20, 2010

I learned to juggle....which is a good thing since my life has become a circus!

I want to start off by saying first thank you if you are still a follower. I know I disappeared for a while. I missed blogging. I have been a little busy though. I was trying to figure out this whole Mommy of 2 deal. I feel like I have came a long way from where I was in the beginning. I am not ashamed to admit that at first I didn't think I could do it. I let things get to me. I had a few days where I would call my husband crying and have a mini-meltdown. A few times both kids were crying the house was a mess and lots of things had gone wrong so I sat down and had a good cry with them. It started getting better when I learned a few things.... I figured out that there will never be enough hours in the day, that I will never have enough hands, and that I am not super woman so I just can't do it all at once. I am a perfectionist...and I am learning to let go of perfection. It was really stressful at first. Trying to do everything and expecting so much from myself. I started slowly but surely letting things go and relaxing a little more. Guess what happened...I started really enjoying being a Mom of 2. I was missing out on the little pleasures because I was hyperventilating over the house and other stuff beyond my control. Now I am not saying I don't still get overwhelmed or have rough days...but I certainly have fewer than before. I have also started going to the gym and working out a few days a week. I try and eat healthier. So far I have lost a total of 34lbs since I had the baby. I was trying to lose weight before I got pregnant with the baby so it brings my total up to 67lbs lost in all! I am so excited about that. That has really helped me feel better. I have so much more energy...and let me tell you I need all I can get. I am going to be blogging more (anything is more especially since I haven't in forever!) So check back later this week I have a few things in the works. Keep in mind that blogging will basically be another ball that I will be juggling so give me a chance to work it into the routine. I promise though that I won't drop the ball...

0 comments: