Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A one of a kind handmade cake topper and my first craft of 2011




I am really happiest when I am crafting and working but sometimes I am not inspired...this one wasn't my idea though..Someone specifically asked me to make it. I had never done a cake topper before... It worked great because their idea inspired me and the result was this cute little family... The picture above was on the cake...the picture below was took just minutes after I was finished and happy with my final creation...I sculpted this for a grooms cake.... Its the groom being dragged by his son and bride...and the sweet groom requested it that way. Hopefully this will be something I get to do more of in the future...This was a little piece of my dream come true...to get to make something that will become a part of someones life...because it is made out of clay its a keepsake... I have so many ideas now for cake toppers...birthdays, weddings, babyshowers etc.. although this one isn't for sale...its already happilly tucked away with the family it was for... if anyone else wants a custom topper feel free to contact me I would love to create something for your special day.




I am linking up to the following

Blue Cricket Show and Tell

The Trendy Treehouse


All Thingz Related






Creations by Kara






0 comments: