Monday, February 22, 2010

I made a Hootie....but no blow fish.














Last year I picked up clay and started I guess what you could call sculpting. I have made lots of little creatures and different things and surprisingly people want to buy them. It really took off at Christmastime when friends came over and seen ornaments that I was making for my personal tree...suddenly everyone wanted one. I sold so many ornaments I did not get to keep any for me....Well maybe I hid a Santa and a reindeer..lol. So I am currently in the process of opening an etsy store.. To sale my little creatures, ornaments, art and anything else I make. I don't mind if someone recreates Hootie for their own personal enjoyment but I do ask that you not sale him...since he is my original creation. I hope you all think he is as cute as I do. I will be linking to several parties to share my new little friend. Contact me if you want a friend of your own! Check out the links below for some inspiring ideas from other creative people.



The Girl Creative


Kindred Spirit Mommy- Creative Mom's Blog Hop

Making


Sumo's Sweet Stuff- Market yourself Monday


Life in the Pitts


Creations by Kara


The Trendy Treehouse



Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts

Show and Tell @ Blue Cricket Design




giveaways

Get your Craft on @ Life as Lori

Finger Prints on the Fridge for Feature Yourself Friday



Tatertots and Jello's Weekend Wrap up

22 comments:

too Blessed to Stress said...

you made that owl? how great! Glad you kept a few for yourself too!!!

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Kimberly said...

How adorable!!

Sandy said...

Very good work... I'd like to learn!

Sandy

http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

You are very talented. Working with clay must be relaxing, too.

Cas said...

Thanks everyone. He is the first owl I made! It really is a relaxing craft that I am slowly but surely teaching myself. With every creature I feel like I get a little better.

Patricia said...

I could never do that!! My clay would end up in a big mix color ball~
I love it!!

Miss Bella Lou and Holly said...

He is too cute!! And you are very talented!

Lanie Ree said...

I bet your ornaments were adorable! I love this little hootie. I'm excited to see your Etsy shop!

thank you for linking up to A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts!

Tara said...

Oh, I love owls. Would love to have you link up at Trendy Treehouse for our Creative Share WED.

http://thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com/2010/02/creative-share-blog-hop-please-join-in_24.html

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

Wow such talent!! Awesome!

Sandra said...

Great work...I have never tried working with clay...just play-doh with my kids and we made lots of snakes. Come stop by sometime...I have a great banner giveaway this week. Sandra

Kathleen said...

That Hootie's a cutie!

Little Foots said...

How cool! I've always wanted to try sculpting is it hard?

concretenprimroses said...

Hooties adorable. good luck with your Etsy shop.
Kathy

Linda said...

Your OWL is sooooo STINKIN CUTE! Hope you have a FUN day!

Blessings,
Linda

fawnda said...

He is so cute! Great job!

Rachelle said...

Adorable!

Thanks for linking up! Everyone's gonna love this!

Rachelle

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh...I LOVE him!!! And I think he needs to come live at my house!! Will you email me the details on how I can purchase him? jessicacarson1@yahoo.com

Lori said...

The owl is super cute. You did a great job...

Thanks for joining Get your Craft on Thurs. Please join me next week for another great party.

Lori

Tiff @ Making The World Cuter said...

Very cute!
Good luck with your Etsy shop! :)
-Tiff

Bobbie said...

wow that is amazing that you could sculpt that! thanks for linking up to my party. Let me know when you get your shop open!
www.iamonly1woman.blogspot.com

jenjen said...

Wow - you are an artist! So cute!

Thanks for linking it up to my party!!!

XOXO
Jen